Are you or someone you know an engine technician with champion-caliber work?
MAHLE Clevite is seeking nominations that spotlight successful and multi-talented engine technicians and specialists. The MAHLE Aftermarket Champion Technician will be awarded a VIP trip to Las Vegas for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s week. Nominate a friend, family member, colleague, or yourself by October 31, 2014 for an opportunity to earn an unforgettable experience!
The winning engine specialist or technician will receive:
• A trip to Las Vegas Dec 3 – Dec. 6, 2014 including airfare for two and a three-night hotel stay
• A special meet-and-greet with a NASCAR personality
• A MAHLE Clevite Aftermarket VIP dinner for two at a 5 star restaurant in Las Vegas
• VIP access to NASCAR Victory Lap, tickets to NASCAR After The Lap, NMPA Myers Brothers Awards Luncheon and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards Ceremony
• Feature on the MAHLE Motorsports North America Facebook page
• Gift basket and plaque
Three Hours of Pumpkin Smashing Racing Mayhem! Coming Saturday Oct. 25 at Noon. Rain or Shine. This event will be open to all 4cyl. Door Bar, Caged Hornets, Stingers, Road Runners, and Bumble Bees from around the NW!
Grab a 4 Cylinder Car, some friends and come join the fun!
- First 25 Entries Receive $100 Gift Certificates from K&N Filters
- Random Drawings for Grocery Outlet Gift Cards
- 2015 Pit Pass Vouchers
- More bonuses will be listed here. (Top Finishing Female, Top South Sound Speedway Bumble Bee or Stinger, Top Skagit or Grays Harbor Raceway Tuner…)
- Fans or Business Owners: Create your own award for added PR. Just give us a call at 360-805-6100.
Watch here for more information on the January 17 Night of Champions Awards Banquet. We will honor motorsports champions and drivers from Evergreen Speedway, Evergreen Drift ProAm & Grassroots Series, Evergreen Drags and More! Make plans today to attend. Contact friends, sponsors and pit crew members to share and save this date.
WHERE: Events Center at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds
WHEN: Saturday January 17
Evergreen Speedway will have it’s 2014 NW Racers Swap Meet under the Grandstands Saturday November 15, PLUS Open Drift 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
- FREE to the Sellers, FREE to the Buyers
- Sellers call the office at 360-805-6100 to reserve spaces – limited quantity.
- Open to all forms of Evergreen Speedway motorsports & racing.
- Sellers set up time 7:30am – 8:45am on Saturday.
- Buyers 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- Grandstand Concessions will be open.
Watch drifting from the Grandstands for FREE or purchase a pit pass for $15.
by BZ ZELLER
MONROE, WASH., — Momentum and Matt Hein are meshing. Fresh off his hometown win in Roseburg, Hein dominated the NSRA Speedfest Main Saturday night at Evergreen Speedway.
Hein began the program as the quick qualifier with a 19.191 lap turned in on the longest (5/8 mile) track on the tour. Later he went from back to front to win his respective Heat. And, after a pill draw placed him on the inside of Row 2 in the starting grid of the 30-Lap feature, he darted to the front on Lap 4 and led by more than a quarter mile during most of the race.
“We were definitely quick tonight,” Hein said. “Our car was super fast. The crew did a great job of giving me a fast car. It was a lot of fun out there.”
Johnny Giesler, Meridian, Idaho, started second in the Main, led the first four circuits and finished runner-up to Hein. Ryan Burdett, West Jordan, Utah, had the Speedfest pole and finished third ahead of Beck and Ron Larson respectively.
While Hein’s fortunes flourished, other top entrants experienced heartaches.
Season points leader Sierra Jackson, Middleton, Idaho, had mechanical issues following the practice sessions, in which her 25J was the fastest on the oval. Jackson was only able to record one lap time of qualifying and then struggled with the car after every subsequent Main green flag.
“We had a nozzle break during qualifying and blew a spark plug during the Heat,” Jackson said. “Then during the Main the car was just crap.”
Jackson, the former tour champion, entered Monroe with the season points lead, but now trails Hein by nine points as the tour heads to Canada in two weeks. She finished ninth in the Main, but did win her Heat.
The nationally ranked Jackson wasn’t the only victim of mechanical failure Saturday. During a practice session, reigning NSRA champ, Andy Alberding blew the motor in the 76 car, ending his bid to compete at one of his favorite tracks before it started.
“We won’t know until we take it apart what exactly broke,” Alberding said. It could be a rod, but regardless, whatever broke was supposed to. We were unsure about racing in Canada, now it looks like we really might not make it.”
There were 14 entrants at Monroe, with only eight running in the Main when Hein captured the checkered flag. Monroe’s own John Tharp and Jake Mann both experienced engine issues as did Greg Middendorf, Snohomish. Richie Larson, Prince George, BC. also didn’t start the Main.
Matt Mansell, Victoria, British Columbia, drew the only yellow flags of the race. He spun his No. 14 car on Lap 11 and then tagged the rear of Robert Beck, Redmond, on the backshoot of Lap 26 and sent himself into a night-ending spin.
Giesler ranks third in points ahead of Burdett who leapfrogged Alberding in the standings. Bryan Warf, who was in the top five, didn’t compete at Monroe.
Main: 1. Matt Hein; 2. Johnny Giesler; 3. Ryan Burdett, 4. Robert Beck; 5. Ron Larson; 6. Billy Kennelly, 7. Todd Coleman; 8. Sierra Jackson; 9. Greg Middendorf; 10. Matt Mansell; 11. Jake Mann.
Heat 1: Jackson; Kennelly, Ron Larson; Giesler; Mann; Richie Larson
Heat 2: Hein; Coleman; Mansell; Beck; Middendorf; Burdett; Tharp
Buy online here or at the gate. Debit/Credit Cards Accepted.
ADULTS 16+: $20.00 / Reserved Sections E&D $25.00
YOUTH 6-15: $10.00 / Reserved Sections E&D $25.00
5 & Under FREE
Active Military and Reserves w/ ID – FREE
Grandstand Access opens at 3pm – Events Start at 6pm – Fireworks at the end of all events when dark.
Evergreen State Fairgrounds paid parking lot fees apply.
THIS POLICY IS IN EFFECT FOR ALL MOTORSPORT EVENTS.
- See Rules during the Evergreen State Fair. ]
- ONE SOFT SIDE BAG OR COOLER NO LARGER THAN 14 x 14 x 14 inches.
- To ensure these items fit underneath grandstand seats and do not block walkways, coolers with
telescoping handles and wheels will not be permitted.
- One lightweight backpack. Bag can be similar to a daypack carried by school students, approximately
17inches in length.
- Fans can bring in one cooler and one backpack.
- Binoculars, scanners, headsets, cameras, not in a bag, worn separately over the neck or on the belt and
seat cushions carried separately are also allowed.
- All items brought through the grandstand gate will be inspected.
- The following may not enter the admission gates:
NO FIREARMS, NO OUTSIDE FIREWORKS or GLASS or ALCOHOL.
Hard sided coolers, thermos and insulated cups of any size.
No umbrellas that obstruct fan view.
Any bags, backpacks, or containers larger than the allowed size.
None of the above restricted items may be left in or around the admissions gate area.
The above are subject to change without notice.
- To expedite entrance into the facility, guests are encouraged to arrive at the gates as early as possible.
Available to those 21 & Older with ID & Wristband
Main Concessions, Kettle Corn, Slushies Zone, Ice Cream U Scream, Taco Fiesta & BBQ Stands Available.
Hot Dogs, Burgers, Chicken Strips, Nachos, Chili.
Friday April 4
Pit Pass $30
Free w/ 2014 NASCAR License
Do you want a season pass but don’t have the funds until December? We can help! We have partnered with PayPal to bring you Bill Me Later!
What is Bill Me Later?
• A simple, flexible credit line that gives you more time to pay.
• Fast and easy—no credit card to enter and approval just takes seconds.
• Add it to your PayPal account and get more time to pay at most places PayPal is accepted.
• Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with PayPal security and reliability.
• Bill Me Later is also available as a separate payment option at thousands of stores.
Just click this link, select Check Out or Check Out With PayPal and choose Bill Me Later! http://tiny.cc/2cconw
For more information about Bill Me Later, Click here: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/billmelater-productoverview
Oct 20th INTERSTATE BATTERIES – PUMPKIN SMASH 3 HOUR ENDURO 4 Cyl. Coupes or Sedans.
Your Home Track Hornet Rules apply! Come race!!
Must Mount at least a 30″ Pumpkin to your Front Bumper!
Drivers must be at least 14 years of age! Course includes the pits-5/8-3/8 and 1/5 mile!!
PAYOUTS —1000 500 400 300 250 200 175 150 125 100
Early Registration until Oct. 15th –*$30.00 Car – Pit Pass not included
**$60.00 after 10/17/2012 $30.00 Pit Passes $20 Transponder Rental
Cash and Trophy for the BEST appearing Car!
$100.00 BONUS to the highest finishing driver with the most PUMPKIN still intact at the end of the race!
Prizes for the Best Fan Halloween Costume Contest! Kids Carved or Colored Pumpkin contest!
$10 Admission for ages 12 and over or $5.00 and 3 cans of non perishable FOOD for our Fall Food Drive!
FANS GET TO SMASH THE PUMPKINS FOR OUR WILD NEARLY 1 MILE RACE COURSE!!! Rain or Shine event. Racing at HIGH NOON!!!
Back Gate Opens at 10am